Saturday, January 26, 2013

Too excited to sleep!

I could have slept in this morning...but I'm too excited to sleep!!! (I always think if that Disney commercial with the little boy in bed whenever I say that). It's my baby's birthday party!

Eves having a Finding Nemo themed party for her second birthday. Pinterest made me do lots of things but I didn't make myself crazy like I did last year.

See, I just Love planning and hosting my kids birthday parties. Especially when they're this little. The planning and crafting and shopping are really good distractions for the crying that I'm trying to avoid. They're happy tears but also bittersweet because my baby's not gonna be a baby anymore.

So family is coming out to our neck of the woods for lunch at a Caribbean themed cantina called Flip Flops. It looks like Jimmy Buffet just had an orgy in there so I don't need to so much decorating. They're setting up a small buffet and we will get to visit with everyone.

Ill take and post more pictures later, but I HAVE to tell you about the cake. THE CAKE! My amazingly talented friend, Charlie, from The Happy Bakery made is the most extraordinary cake sculpture.

Check this out!









2 comments:

  1. That cake ROCKS! Hope she has a wonderful party!!! Been missing your face around these parts, but I'm sure you've been crazy busy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that cake is amazing! I absolutely love it and it makes me want to do a Nemo themed birthday party. :) I love that little pink octopus character, so cute. "You guys made me ink!" Heehee

    ReplyDelete