Thursday, March 12, 2009

a girl after my own heart


Yesterday Claire was begging for a snack. I knew what she wanted, but I wanted her to have something healthy. I offered her lots of choices I knew she liked. Here's how this exchange went down:

CLAIRE: I hungry mama.
MAMA: OK, how about a banana?
CLAIRE: I don't want a 'nana! I want Diego Snacks!
MAMA: No, you've already had Diego Snacks today. How about some applesauce?
CLAIRE: NO! I want something else.
MAMA: What about some yogurt?
CLAIRE: I don't like yogurt! (yes she does!) I want Diego Snacks!
MAMA: Honey, you don't need more junk. You need something healthy.
CLAIRE: I DON'T WANT SOMETHING HEALTHY! I WANT SOMETHING YUMMY!


Spoken like a true Stallone.


For the record she settled on applesauce. But at one point I had to sprinkle "fairy-dust" on it to get her to finish it. What?! Stop judging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment