Friday, April 16, 2010

Turtle Rescue

Claire and I were on our way to Grammy's house this morning when I passed a turtle in the middle of the road. My dad would always, I mean always, find a good old turtle in the road and I thought of him when I pulled over to the side of the road. Unbuckled Claire from her carseat and we ran to the scene. The little turtle was saved from certain death when I moved it safely to the grassy edge of the sidewalk. Claire was giddy with excitement. She wanted to watch the turtle walk away, but it was freaked out and hiding in it's shell so we waited patiently...and waited...and waited. Finally "she" scampered away to "find her friends". I asked Claire why she thought the turtle was a girl? and she said, "because I could see she had eyelashes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment