Saturday, December 22, 2012

Humbug

I don't know what it is. Extra busy lately, not cold enough, my Prozac hasn't been working...but I'm not feeling the Christmas spirit this year.

I usually take the last two weeks of December off every year and really look forward to it. This week I was supposed to make time to finish Christmas shopping, maybe bake some cookies, run errands, meet friends for coffee, take some awesome naps, etc. but I ended up needing to go into work for the better part of two days, Claire was home sick with a fever for three days. And every night I can barely get the girls in bed without falling asleep myself.

I'm just in a negative frame of mind and I need to shake it off.

I did get to meet a college friend for a quiet dinner one night and catch up. I got my passport pictures taken for Ireland, met up with an old (boy)friend from high school and got to meet his adorable 2 year old. My sister took the train to St. Louis from Chicago last night. I've sold more than a handful of ornaments this year. I even got a bonus at work! So there's plenty of stuff to be thankful for.

I just don't feel myself.

3 comments:

  1. I am not feeling it this year either. I can't quite figure it out, but will be glad when this season is over. Love that painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seasonal Affective Disorder {SAD}. You know all about this, Smarty Pants? Can't you just write yourself {and myself} and perscription?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, that's not how it works. The only thing I can write a prescription for is more cowbell.

      Delete